What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser of your computer if you agree. We store corresponding information to the one we set in your browser and in this file we can track and keep information on your movements within the site and any information you may have given while visiting the site.
There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily in your browser’s subfolder while you are visiting our site. Once you leave the site, the session cookie is deleted. Persistent cookie files remain in your browser’s subfolder for a period of time after you have visited our site.
You can find out more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We use the following session and persistent cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you complete a loan application form on our site.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|_gat||This cookie enables us to throttle request rates.|
|_ga||This cookie enables us to distinguish unique users.|
|_utmv||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie is also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.|
|_utmx||Used to determine your inclusion in an experiment.|
|cookies-allowed||Records your response to the cookie acceptance message.|
|lc_amount||Remembers your selected loan amount from the loan calculator and passes it through to the application form.|
|lc_term||Remembers your selected loan term from the loan calculator and passes it through to the application form.|
|seen-disclaimer||Records whether you have the representative APR banner open or closed.|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
This is where we explain how we collect, use and look after your personal information.
S.D. Taylor Limited trading as Loans at Home (“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting www.loansathome.co.uk (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is S.D. Taylor Limited of 7 Turnberry Park Road, Gildersome, Morley, Leeds, LS27 7LE. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Act with registration number Z6039974.
We update this policy periodically (it was last updated on 25th July 2017) so feel free to return to this page and read it again from time to time.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or loan applications, during financial reviews, or by corresponding with us by phone (which we may monitor or record for quality, training, compliance and crime prevention and detection), e-mail, letter or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you apply for a loan on our site or register to work with us, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, social media profile, employment information, driving permissions and financial information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and law enforcement, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information together with information we collect about you:
- to carry out financial and risk assessments to make credit decisions about you. This involves using information which we already hold about you, you provide in your loan application and we obtain from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including managing your account) and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to enforce our rights under any contracts entered between you and us, including for the purpose of making collections, tracing your whereabouts and recovery any debt you owe us;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services, offers, competitions, promotions and opportunities to work with us we feel may interest you and we may contact you about these by post, email, telephone and/or SMS (unless you opt out of receiving such information by contacting us);
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, agents, collection agencies and sub-contractors for the performance or enforcement of any contract we enter into with them or you or for the operation of our business and/or site;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score and reporting on your loan repayments. Whether or not your loan application is successful, when a credit reference agency receives a search request and details of your loan application from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file which will be retained by them and may be seen by other lenders and third parties. Our search of records at credit reference agencies may be linked to your spouse/partner, or other persons with whom you are financially linked. Call Credit are our current credit reference agency provider. Please note, making a lot of loan applications in a short period of time may affect your ability to access credit in the future; and
- Fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud and other crimes.
Please note, if you default in your loan repayments or are suspected of fraud, we will report this information to credit reference and/or fraud prevention agencies. Other lenders and third parties may use this information about you and other persons with whom you are financially linked for credit assessment, debt tracing, and fraud and money laundering prevention.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, or assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with our loan agreement with you, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or relevant third party;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us by post at S. D. Taylor Limited (trading as Loans at Home), 7 Turnberry Park Road, Gildersome, Morley, Leeds, LS27 7LE, by telephone on 0800 011 4490 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You also have a right to access information credit reference agencies hold about you. To access this information you must contact them directly. Our current credit reference agency provider, Call Credit can be contacted on 0330 024 7574.